Skip to content
- 2 cups sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup canola or light olive oil
- 1 or 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup water
- Toast the sesame seeds in a hot skillet moving around constantly to prevent them from burning, about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Grind the sesame seeds to a fine powder using a coffee grinder.
- Mix well with the oil.
- Crush the garlic to a paste using the side of a knife and a little salt.
- Add the juice of half a lemon and 1 tsp salt.
- Taste and see if you need more lemon juice and/or salt
- Incorporate some water and whisk. Keep adding water a little at a time until the mixture has the consistency of a heavy cream.