Recipe: Quick Panna Cotta
Makes 2 large or 4 small mini panna cottas regular size empanadas or 8cocktail size | Prep Time 2 hour |
- 2cups heavy cream
- 1 tbsp powdered gelatin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or the seeds from a vanilla bean
- small knob of butter (for the ramekins)
- Pinch salt
- Several 4 oz ramekins
- 2 quart saucepan
- 2 bowls
- Butter ramekins.
- In a very small saucepan sprinkle gelatin over water and let stand about 1 minute to soften.
- Heat gelatin mixture over low heat until it is dissolved. Remove pan from heat.
- In a saucepan bring cream and sugar just to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly to prevent scorching at the bottom.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in gelatin mixture and vanilla.
- Divide cream mixture among eight 1/2-cup ramekins and cool rapidly. Place ramekins in the freezer for 20 minutes, covered with plastic wrap.
- Move to the refrigerator and cool until gelatin sets. Serve directly in the ramekins or unmold into small serving dishes.
For more Argentine recipes click below