Recipe: Salmon Sous Vide
Serves 2| Prep Time 5 minutes | Cooking Time 25 minutes
- 2 6 oz salmon fillets
- 2 thin slices of unsalted butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper salmon fillets generously.
- Place butter on top of the fillets and put in a sous vide bag. Vacuum air out and seal making sure not to use too much pressure so as to not crush your fish.
- Place in a water bath at 125F for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the bag.
- If you want to serve the fish with the skin pat it down with a paper towel to remove moisture and sear in a very hot pan skin side down for a minute or so until it crisps up. Otherwise remove the skin before serving.
Salmon cooked sous vide is succulent, juicy and extraordinary.
We often hear people say that they never had salmon like this.
Traditional methods make it hard to judge exactly how long to cook fish – often resulting in dry and overcooked food as you expose it to a higher temperature than you want on the outside so that it will travel towards the interior. In the process while waiting for heat to travel towards the center the exterior overcooks and loses moisture.
With sous vide cooking, on the contrary, you set up the exact temperature at which you want your food. Heat, never beyond the point where the muscles would contract and expel moisture, slowly conducts towards the center of your food.
The fish turns out really soft and moist, perfectly cooked, offering a really pleasurable experience.
Learn to make this and much more during our cooking class :