Recipe: Ensalada Rusa
Makes 6 portions| Prep Time 20 minutes | Cooking Time 15 minutes | Resting time:1 hour
- 1 pound yukon gold or other soft potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 1/2 cup sweet peas
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- salt to taste
- Peel and cut the potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Peel the carrots and cut into small cubes or small medallions (if your carrots are too small you will not have the choice)
- Blanch the potatoes, carrots and the sweet peas (if fresh) separately until just tender. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking when the vegetables are just done but not mushy.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and add salt to taste.
This potato salad is present in most asados (barbecue feasts) in Argentina. With strong flavors, it stands up well to the meats..
Learn to make this and much more during our cooking class:
An Argentine Feast
Choripan with Chimichurri