Recipe: Ensalada Criolla
Makes 8 to 10 portions| Prep Time 20 minutes | Cooking Time 15 minutes | Resting time:1 hour
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 2 large red onions
- 4 roma tomatoes
- lemon juice or sherry vinegar
- salt to taste
- Dice all onions and bell peppers pretty small.
- Quarter the tomatoes, remove seed pockets and dice pretty small.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and add salt to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Ensalada (or salsa depending on who you ask) criolla is present in most barbecue feasts in Argentina. It is really tangy and so it goes very well with the charred meat as a counterpoint.
Learn to make this and much more during our cooking class:
An Argentine Feast
Choripan with Chimichurri