Recipe: Carrot Ginger Soup
Serves 8 | Prep Time 10 minutes | Cooking Time 45 minutes
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 pounds carrot
- 1 large stalk celery
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 0.50 cup fortified wine such as vermouth, marsala, sherry or port
- Sweat the onion in butter until soft and translucent, concentrating its flavor.
- Deglaze with vermouth.
- Add the carrots, celery, stock and ginger.
- Simmer until carrots are tender, about 40 minutes.
- Add the cream and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Puree in a blender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Carrots and ginger are a match made in heaven. We combine them here in a creamy, sweet and tangy soup that is sure to delight your guests.
Learn to make this and much more during our cooking class:
Around the World Gourmet
Sous Vide Salmon with Gnocchi
Duck Breast with Wine Reduction Sauce
Cream of Tomato Soup